Job Location: Bahan Township
Type of Business/Product: Finance Industry/ Microfinance
Gender: Male/ Female (1)
Job Ref No.: 16P1249
Salary: 2,000,000/- Kyats
• Degree in law or similar field as a minimum.
• Minimum 5-7 years of previous experience working in-house or as a practitioner in a law firm with some solid experience working in a senior role.
• Strong preference is for an individual admitted as a Higher Grade Pleader.
• Strong knowledge of government affairs, corporate matters and the laws, regulations, rules and guidelines of Myanmar.
• Diligence and strong attention to detail.
• Trustworthy and discreet.
• Strong written and verbal communication in English and Myanmar; fluent writing in Myanmar is a must.
• Negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
• Responsible for all company secretarial matters ensuring the company’s strict compliance with all relevant laws, rules, regulations and guidelines as well as the company’s own procedures and policies.
• Administration of all board and shareholder meetings and committees including but not limited to issuing of agendas, minute taking and record keeping.
• Responsible for communicating with shareholders’ representatives.
• Responsible for liaising with any external service providers handling company secretarial matters for the group’s entity in Singapore.
• Supporting and advising the chairperson and the CEO on all related matters.
• Responsible for the day-to-day corporate administration of the company.
• Responsible for all statutory filings and matters with the Department of Investment and Company Administration (DICA).
Government Relations and Legal Compliance
• Responsible for government relationships focusing on Financial Regulatory Department (FRD) and the Central Bank of Myanmar (CBM):
• Supporting the company’s investment team with the loan application process; and
• Liaising with the company’s reporting team to ensure high quality reporting to all government units.
• Responding to the regulator both verbally and in writing in a high-quality and timely manner.
• Monitor and advise on sanctions that may impact the company’s business.
• Monitor changes in all relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take action accordingly.
• Maintain the company’s compliance register.
• Report to the board’s compliance committee.
• Collaborating with third party tax specialists on legal compliance and liaising and corresponding with the Myanmar tax authorities.
General Legal Support
• Provide legal support and advice on a continuous and/or ad-hoc basis to internal functions such as the company’s credit, people operations, investment and procurement teams.
• Responsible for disputes and litigation and any third party law firms appointed.
• Review third party lenders’ agreements prior to execution.
• Review and participate in the annual procurement process together with the company’s finance and IT teams.
• Support the company’s people operations in employee related matters.
• Support the company’s Finance Team with procurement, tax and other legal/ contractual matters.
• All other tasks and matters as reasonably required by the company.
Working Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Holidays: Saturday & Sunday, Public Holidays
How to Apply: Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Microsoft Word CV file and job title and job ref no. in subject line.
Offerd Salary1,500,000 - 2,000,000 MMK
Career LevelMid-level Management
INDUSTRYBank / Microfinance
Related Jobs (112)
Admin & HR Manager (MBA/English 4 Skills) – 2,000,000 – Foreign Company on September 23, 2021 Full Time
Boiler Operator (Naypyitaw) – 350,000 – Local Company on September 21, 2021 Full Time