Job Location: Thilawa, Thanlyin Township
Type of Business/Product: Oil & Gas Industry – Oil Terminal
Gender: Male (1)
Job Ref No.: 13P677
Salary: Negotiable Salary
The Operations Senior Supervisor is the overall in charge of the operations team and is to plan, manage, and ensure Safe and Reliable operations in the Terminal at all times. He is to ensure operational activities are performed following operations procedures, SSHEQ (Safety, Security, Health, Environment, and Quality) standards, comply with government rules and regulations, and meet customers’ requirements and expectations.
- Responsible for managing day-to-day operations of the terminal.
- Communicate effectively with the operations team and customers (if required) to ensure the fulfillment of performance and quality requirements.
- Responsibly operate the terminal and meeting all health, safety, security, and environmental regulations and other requirements.
- Ensure staff are trained in their job and to plan for staff career development to achieve a highly motivated and self-empowered team.
- Ensure all operations staff adhere to the terminal’s safety rules and regulations and taking appropriate actions against non-compliance.
- To regularly update the Operating Procedures, ensure all personnel are fully trained and in compliance with the SSHE standards, and have zero tolerance of non-compliance to safety standards.
- Interpret local regulations and relevant standards and make a reasonable and practical recommendation to the terminal manager to ensure compliance.
- Communicate and work with local regulatory bodies and others to ensure the company is in full compliance with operating as a Bulk Liquid Terminal in Myanmar.
- Ensure relevant information is passed down to all reporting staff in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and meet the annual budget of Operating and Capital Expenditure.
- Report, monitor, and achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
- Review staff performance criteria periodically and conduct the yearly review with staff.
- To be available 24/7 to attend to operations matter and request.
- Taking on additional tasks or responsibilities when required.
- Complying with the Terminal Management System.
- Recommend and encourage staff to suggest practical improvement plans either to improve the efficiency and safety of the terminal or reduce the operating cost.
- Ensure focus on enhancing customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Oversee planning of operations manpower to ensure minimum disruption to daily operations.
- Oversee daily product movement in the terminal.
- Report and investigate any abnormal product loss.
- Oversee preventive maintenance and repairs under the scope of the operation and ensure timely completion.
- Management of third party contractors.
- Plan, prepare and monitor terminal’s commissioning and de-commissioning work.
- Ensure the availability of operational spares at all times.
- Act as the terminal Site Incident Commander or Site Main Controller in the event of an incident.
- Bachelor or diploma related engineering (preferable mechanical or petroleum).
- At least 5 years’ capacity as a senior operation supervisor (or equivalent) in the Oil Terminal Industry or 7 years’ experience as Operations Supervisor.
- Experience in CCR, Tank Farm, Truck Loading Bays, and Jetty loading and unloading operations where the terminal is operated via Distributed Control System (DCS).
- Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of custody transfer weights, measures, and associated devices such as liquid flow meters, tank calibration, and other related volume measurements, etc.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments, be versatile and able to handle multiple priorities, and deliver to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, regulations, and standards, such as OSHA and process safety-related.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively delegate work to accomplish assignments.
- Must be proactive, detailed, and results-oriented, sense of urgency, able to set priorities, and excellent follow-up.
- The ability to recognize problem/issues and develop effective solutions requires independent judgment/decision making within areas of responsibility
- Able to work in Thilawa.
Working Hours: 7:30AM- 4:30PM
Holidays : Sunday, Public Holidays
Benefits : Ferry, Lunch and accommodation will be provided
How to Apply: Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Microsoft Word CV file and job title and job ref no. in subject line.
Career LevelMid-level Management
INDUSTRYOil & Gas
Related Jobs (165)
Stock Controller– 190,000 – Local Company – (2) Posts on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Packaging Staff – 150,000 – Local Company – (2) Posts on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Assistant Admin & HR Manager – 800,000 – Local Company on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Internal Auditor (Microfinance) – 400,000 – Local Company on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Service Technician (Mobile) – 300,000 – Foreign Company on August 3, 2021 Full Time